Cat Bump On Noise When Yawning.

reddice

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here is a picture of Sandy yawing and there is a bump on the top of the nose. Every other cats I had this bump when yawing too. I tried to Google but I could not find why they have this bump and if it is a heath concern.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
That bump is caused because they're wrinkling up the skin around their noses, you can do the same thing if you scrunch up your nose :)

Not a health concern, it's very natural. Bless your heart for being a concerned pet parent :heartshape:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi!
That bump is caused because they're wrinkling up the skin around their noses, you can do the same thing if you scrunch up your nose :)

Not a health concern, it's very natural. Bless your heart for being a concerned pet parent :heartshape:
The cat we had during the earliest part of my childhood that I can actually remember did this when she ate. Piece of food, crunch, crunch, and I'd lay on my elbows, chin in hands, and watch her fascinated because her nose ALWAYS did that crunch thing. I thought her scrunchy nose looked like a crinkle cut potato chip :lol: