Cat bullying

Sensitivemuse

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm afraid it's getting worse.

Resident cat is chasing my other two younger ones (they're a year and a half. Resident cat is three) but it's getting worse. She lunges at them. Blocks their way if they want to come into our room. Blocks the window to their enclosure.

Its possibly contributing to the stress my boy kitty is going through he's just being admitted to the hospital as his bladder is blocked and he's got urinary issues (the vet says, it's stress)

I don't want to give up my resident cat (she's a rescue) but right now it's looking like I have to and it's so painful.

I have the feliway diffusers put in. I am trying to do playtime with her so she'll leave them alone.

I don't know what else, to do at this point. Any ideas would be great. But I'm feeling like I'm failing here and I can't stop crying.

A.w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Giving her her own space if you're able to will likely help. The vet can also prescribe calmers for her or there's some on amazon I often get by the brand homeopet. Make sure your diffuser is for multicat households and that there's one in every room. I wouldn't allow them to be around each other while you're not there. It can take a while for cats to adjust to each other and even longer when not slowly/properly introduced (I've dealth with this far too many times 🤦🏼‍♀️).

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do make sure they have safe places to hide. Atop a cat tree or shelf, even cabinets is good, but they'll need an escape route so they don't get cornered. Some hidey holes, like ones in a cat tree stand-alone, or even some cardboard boxes, will help with that.