Cat Breed?

BriLasher805

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

He’s half grey half white gold eyes. 10 pound but very very solid! Big head

I’m just generally curious because we have another cat who just had babies and she and baby are both clearly ginger tabby’s even tho this guy was baby daddy

IM ONLY ASKING ABOUT THE GREY AND WHITE GUY! I’m almost thinking he is just simply a bi color domestic shorthair but with his big block head and very dense fur I’m curious if someone thinks he may be mixed with something else

Added note that mommy and all 6 babies are ginger tabby’s so whatever daddy is his genes aren’t very strong lol unless ginger tabby is really that over powering?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All 6 babies must be male, or he isn't the daddy. For cats, color is related to the X chromosome, and males only get 1 X chromosome from their mother so she determines the color of the male kittens. Female kittens get 1 X chromosome from each parent so they get 1 color gene from each parent. If any of the kittens were female they would be torties/calicos.

Be sure to keep him away from the female until she's spayed or until 3 weeks after he's neutered. Otherwise she could get pregnant again right away and that's not healthy for her.

I think he's a donestic shorthair. I don't see anything about him that would make me think he had any purebred background. Most cats don't have any purebred heritage. He's very handsome!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BriLasher805

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes all 6 babies were male but even if they weren’t he would have to have been daddy cause she’s never not even once seen the light of day except thru a window he’s the ONLY male she has ever been around ever . But she’s thankfully already gone thru a heat cycle and I don’t believe she’s pregnant.. unfortunately I haven’t got him to the vet for a fix yet
I kept them as separate as I could but we shall see the babies are currently 3 months old and we kept 1

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be careful, cats can get pregnant even when they aren't in active heat (they're induced ovulators). And the little guy will be able to get his mom pregnant soon so you'll want to be careful with him too. For the mama cat's health, it's best to spay her. Female parts are prone to trouble.

The kitten is really cute! I can only imagine having 6 of them tumbling around. Aww.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with Willowy. There’s no purebred influence screaming at me with this handsome kitty, so you could call him a blue and white bicolor Domestic Shorthair.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I see the baby cat os really pretty. Bestiful bulls eye and spots and color as a roedeer fawn...

BriLasher805

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
At 10 weeks all but 2 got a furever home with close family or friends we kept 1 of the 2 and the other unfortunately we lost. Unfortunately he and 1 other one wasn’t nursing properly and so by time we caught it he was too far gone but we were able to nurse the other with a bottle and he’s happy and healthy with my brother

BriLasher805

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The one we kept is another of my brothers kitty now and I already told him when he turns 6 months he has to get fixed cause I don’t want him spraying like daddy does daddy will be getting fixed with income taxes