Cat bothering neighbor

kaikrishna1111

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, one of the colony of ferals here has taken up residence in our neighbor's yard. It sleeps on her hot tub in the winter and seems to be living under her deck. It comes to our house for food. He is peeing everywhere there and she is complaining that it smells like cat pee. I don't think they should have to deal with this if they don't want a cat and hate the smell so I would like to do something about it. I have litterboxes on our land but they don't want one on their land. I said they could try to catch him and I could relocate him to one of my friend's ranches, but he has been trapped once and I don't think he will fall for it again. Any ideas?

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I might try the trap anyway. You might get lucky and it would be the easiest way to catch him if he's not social. Just put something really yummy and pungent in it like tuna and see if the desire for something good to eat overrides caution.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaikrishna1111

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have several ferals on our land so I can't stop feeding them. I think I will try to catch him, wish me luck.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I suspect your neighbor will find regular ferals visiting/residing at her place. Once you succeed in getting this one, others will follow. The fact that the cat has been marking his territory, it is a sign that there's been lots of feline visitors. Since your neighbor does not like cats - better advice her to look for natural cat deterrents (I read here that "coyote urine" works quite well).

quarkthecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The cat has made the neighbor's yard his territory, so I doubt coaxing him with litter boxes or regular food next door will dissuade him.

If you do need to try and catch him, raccoon traps work nicely. Good luck!