cat born in the wild.. making demands.......

japam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cat is probably 18 months, being fed by neighbour, born outside, siblings have been homed, trappers decided to re release after tnr, due to behaviour and mannerism, has female companion spayed.

Question?
Why does the cat demand [a whiny, cry type of sound], to be petted, follow me, cross my path, whilst walking, as soon as i step into my garden, he will drop everything and come running towards me, making the whiny sound and raising his back, i am the only person he does this to, i have spoken to the neighbour, who told me they can just about pet him and there is no underlying health issues. I am not feeding him.

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I'd say that he's trying to be friends with you is a great sign. You can always build him an outside shelter, since you can't take him in.
However, since the neighbor was able to find homes for his siblings? I'd say work with him. Right now he's only being this way with you. But perhaps with work he'll come around & can also be homed.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat is probably 18 months, being fed by neighbour, born outside, siblings have been homed, trappers decided to re release after tnr, due to behaviour and mannerism, has female companion spayed.

Question?
Why does the cat demand [a whiny, cry type of sound], to be petted, follow me, cross my path, whilst walking, as soon as i step into my garden, he will drop everything and come running towards me, making the whiny sound and raising his back, i am the only person he does this to, i have spoken to the neighbour, who told me they can just about pet him and there is no underlying health issues. I am not feeding him.
My cat Maggie was born outside. Now inside only she whines for attention and will not eat unless I am there. The cat will be happy to be with you so can you keep him inside? Maggie has never wanted to be outside. Coco was also born outside. Now she is afraid of the outdoors

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, he has decided that he wants you to be his human. :)

Take him in if you want to. Otherwise, you can build him a house to live in, outdoors.

Casper was abandoned outdoors before we adopted him. He lived on his own for at least a year before he came to us.
Now, he live indoors, full-time and doesn't even seem to want to go out.

In fact, one day, I came downstairs to find the patio door open by a couple feet. I don't know how that happened. The screen must have come open, by accident. Maybe Casper bumped it open. I don't know.

Anyhow, Casper was laying right there, by the threshold with nothing between him and the Great Outdoors. He was there, just watching the birds like nothing was amiss. It's clear that Casper would rather live indoors where it's safe and warm instead of taking his chances outside.

I feel certain that your (potential) cat would make the transition without much trouble if you wanted him to. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

japam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks for all the replies and suggestions

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
If you work with him then he might be open to other people and get a home that way. He sounds like he doesn't want to stay feral.