Cat blueish skin around suspected ringworm

Michcams

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat was said to have ringworm but the vet didn’t do a culture. She also had little pimples around it. I didn’t want to use a cone for 3 weeks because it’s horrible so I’ve been using coconut oil for a week. The área now looks like there are bluish green spots around those pimples. I’ll take her into the vet but would love community feedback.
C509AA9F-63E9-4CED-A76D-A88C1682B02C.jpeg
68A7BD3B-BA64-4344-B70D-F26CEA787536.jpeg
F3A01CA6-192B-4F89-9A5A-D297400352C3.jpeg

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm a little confused here. You Vet said it was ringworm but didn't do a culture? So...did they give you any medication to use? Where did you get the idea to use Coconut oil? IF it's ringworm, I'm not sure the coconut oil will do anything, but I'm not convinced it's ringworm either. And I'm not at all sure why a cone would even be necessary if it were :dunno:. Can you provide more information for us?

As to why something would be turning a bluish color, I've got no idea on that. It's almost like bruising isn't it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Michcams

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have started the micaconazole on her after I bought a black light and saw a couple of hair shafts light up. It is now peeling off which I imagine means it’s working. I’ll see how it goes for a few days. As for the blue I think it was just new black fur growing in but looked blue while wet. To answer your question: Yes the vet didn’t do a culture but suggested i start on treatment and see if it helped since culture would take a few weeks. I wasn’t convinced so started on coconut oil since it’s antifungal and antibacterial and had good reviews online. Cone is so she doesn’t lick off the meds but I’m seeing she’s not doing so anyways.