Cat biting a lot when playing

Destp113

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two boys, both neutered. Oliver (2 yo) and Binx (3yo or older). Ollie is REALLY playful and has tons of energy where as Binx is super calm and has random bursts of energy throughout the day lasting about 5 minutes. Usually when Binx is laying somewhere Ollie likes to sneak up on him and start swatting and bites Binx back, neck, and sometimes his tummy. I assume it’s just playful because there is never any hissing or blood drawn and Binx never seems too stressed. I usually try to distract Ollie with toys but that never seems to work and he only wants Binx. Binx usually tries to run away, he is not one to teach him a lesson at all. It’s pretty clear that the biting does bother Binx but I’m not sure what I can do to get Ollie to stop. Redirecting him with toys does not work since it seems he gets tunnel vision when he’s in a playful mood. Any tips or advice would be super helpful! Thank you!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
There is no need to step in or interfere in their play behavior. Both cats are about the same age and Binx doesnt seem stressed by it so I would consider it harmless play. While it may sound rough or loud to you, for cats this is just normal.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two boys, both neutered. Oliver (2 yo) and Binx (3yo or older). Ollie is REALLY playful and has tons of energy where as Binx is super calm and has random bursts of energy throughout the day lasting about 5 minutes. Usually when Binx is laying somewhere Ollie likes to sneak up on him and start swatting and bites Binx back, neck, and sometimes his tummy. I assume it’s just playful because there is never any hissing or blood drawn and Binx never seems too stressed. I usually try to distract Ollie with toys but that never seems to work and he only wants Binx. Binx usually tries to run away, he is not one to teach him a lesson at all. It’s pretty clear that the biting does bother Binx but I’m not sure what I can do to get Ollie to stop. Redirecting him with toys does not work since it seems he gets tunnel vision when he’s in a playful mood. Any tips or advice would be super helpful! Thank you!
Hmm maybe. That always reminds me of this pic. They have lived together for 7 yrs. Clicker training Maggie to come usually works.there comes a time when one is fed up with the other and bites her hard. Now Maggie does not bother her so much but peaches will not stop growling when she comes by. So I do break them up so Maggie doesn't get bitten.

Attachments