Cat Being Over-affectionate & Seeking Attention Constantly

merlotandasti

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ever since I came back from visiting family for 2 days, my 8 year old cat has been overly-affectionate & constantly trying to grab my attention by meowing & getting into trouble. I go to visit family often so it isn't anything new for me to leave him. He also has another cat he's been with all of his life to keep him company. Before, he was more chilled out but all of a sudden he's getting into everything & always meowing & following me. He purrs, rubs up against me, & even tries to sleep right next to my face now. It's a bit odd. Has anyone ever experienced this situation before or know anything about it?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
How long have you been back? We go away for a week twice a year, and both our last cat and our current one have exhibited the same very clingy behavior for several days after our return, to the extent that I can't even shower alone.

The good news is that things go back to normal within about a week.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

merlotandasti

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's been 4 days. This has never happened before even though I've left them by themselves many times. I just want to make sure it isn't anything to be worried about.

anne with cats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know it sounds odd, but you might take him in for a dental check up. My Lloyd had been trying to tell me something and it turned out that he needed a tooth pulled. Also I think he was starting his hearing loss. Maybe kitty just missed being with you those cold winter nights you were gone. You never really know what they are trying to communicate sometimes.