Cat behavior

my2cats67

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
 I am new here not sure where this thread belongs.I have a five year old tabby with IBS I have had to move recently My baby boy Tigger who wants attention when he wants it since the move he has been talking and being very loveable I hold him and tell him where momma goes you go now we have moved before and he took it in stride this time it seems to bother him. I don't have a new apartment as of yet. I am staying with a friend who has dogs and a breeder. we have a whole room to our self me and my other cat I have two one is a foster. When I asked her mom to find some one for a month she said she could not and her only choice was shelter I am not letting that happen she will stay with me. She would not understand why she ended up there so no. My question is I have a my shirt with my boy but when I come home from work he is all over me like momma don't leave me. I don't want him to have abandonment issues I want this to
be as smooth as possible for him. Sorry no pics only on my phone not sure how to post any words of wisdom.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To help him with this transition time, you might want to invest in a Feliway plug in to use in your room.  It's a calming agent and will help him de-stress.  It's normal for them to greet you when coming home, but he may be a bit overboard due to being in a new place.  You can also leave the radio playing for him while you're at work to help drown out the dogs and other noises in the house.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

my2cats67

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the advise he was a little better yesterday when I got home got him some cat nip and we had our grooming time and our cuddle time not as vocal yesterday. I will get a Feliway this weekend. I should say that the person I am staying with because of his ibs she does not want him lose in case of accidents out side of the litter box this does not happen all the time just when he has flare ups it is a very big crate his litter is in there his food, and water my cloths next month when I get into my apartment he will have freedom to do what ever he wants when he wants. The thing is my ex brings him home one day we already had three cat when she brought tigger home then at age two he developed IBS now that he is an inconvenience with doctor visits and special food grain free and miralax and slipper elm she wants nothing to do with him so he is mine because she cant handle his condition now because of this condition she wants nothing to do with him and she calls her self an animal lover. He is mine and he know when he don't feel good or flare up mom takes care of him off to the vet he know he will feel better then when we get home it almost like he says thank you. He is a good boy and very love I don't trust any one but me to manage his condition.