Cat Backpack

Ghoulofnagoya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So it is almost Levi’s first birthday. I never let him go outside but I saw a catbackpack online and thought cute idea for his present. I was dumb and bought it from china ( looks nothing like pictures online) the whole screen is plastic. Is that going to burn my cat on a hot day?

Also side note recieved it scratched up to hell and in wrong color so trying to return it anyway.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ghoulofnagoya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
egads! No way I'd put any animal in there... Might as well leave them in a car with the windows barely cracked. :nono:
yea. to be honest I was planning on using it mainly for vet visits. I live in Japan and I can’t drive. It is a 20 minute walk to vet but Levi is fat so a normal carrier hurts my hands real bad. But if it is going to kill him on way to vet probably wont use backpack.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ghoulofnagoya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
egads! No way I'd put any animal in there... Might as well leave them in a car with the windows barely cracked. :nono:
tested it in house and he did not cry so I dunno if he hates it lol Luckily he can also lie down with no problem. air vent holes on front and sides and sides are mesh. but yea if deadly not gonna risk it.

abby2932

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I dont think it would kill him for just vet visits lol BUT it doesn't look ideal for a cat. Most cats do not like to be that exposed. They like to feel a little bit hidden. Is there a different backpack pet carrier that is made of mesh instead of plastic so it isnt that see-through?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe a rolling mesh luggage-like backpack like this would work better https://www.amazon.com/Traveler-Rolling-Carrier-Travel-Backpack/dp/B009NGK02A

You can also try a soft sided regular carrier. They have soft handles which are easier to hold as well as a strap so you can carry the bag on your shoulder. I have an older model of the Bergan wheeled carrier Bergan Wheeled Comfort Carrier I just pull my cat along like luggage :biggrin: Sherpa is a well know brand that has a rolling pet carrier.

Some cats are able to claw their way out of a soft sided carrier, though. Just be careful if you try one and always check the bag afterwards for any signs of tears and rips.

For a hard plastic carrier, maybe try wrapping padding of some sort around the handle so it's not so hard on the hands. Or buy a dolly for pet crates and some bungee cords to hold the carrier in place.