Cat attacks

Anikasky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A few weeks ago I posted about how one of my cats attacks because we raise our voice. Well u have some upsetting news. We have to rehome her and our other cat who use to be such a sweetheart because they are now both attacking us for 0 reason. The other day our dog was walking to his bed and the reese the first cat attacked him and grabbed his head and he immediately started screaming so that made peach want to fight hin too. Pir other dog nova came downstairs and cornered peach and pinned her down to protect us and our big dog leo. Then yetserday leo walked by again and peach immediately went insane and attacked him and he cried again this time nova was upstairs and coukdnt get to us. I then picked up peach and put her in the bathroom but not before she took several bites out of my arm and scratched up my legs. Our one dog is fine while the other who protected us has cut Mark's on her face. We have young kids who come in and out of our home and without reasoning to attack we sadly cant have this. Its terrifying to see a cat act out like that. If there was a reason for why they were attacking then we could change the environment around but the only reason I could think of is that they fear our dog. And hes 6 years old while reese and peach are only 2 and 3 and we have only had peach for a few months so we think it's best they go to someone without dogs or kids.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You are probably right about the rehoming, but please work with a rescue center or similar type organization and be totally up front with them about what is happening. You might have to have conversations with a few in order for you to feel comfortable about turning them over and knowing they will be treated well. These cats will fair out much better in the long run if you find a group that works to vet/foster cats so that they can help them find appropriate homes for their personalities.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anikasky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have contacted the local shelters but alot of them wont take them because there full. I contacted the humane society and now I'm waiting. My great uncle might take them because he lives on a farm and one of the cats use to be a stray so maybe she would do better on his farm. But I'm still going to wait and see if the shelter can take them. If they see it as an emergency they might. And it kinda is considering we have to keep one inside the garage or in a spare room. And they just scream and meow when locked up but they hiss and get mad at us or our dogs if we let them out. And we have young kids who come in and out if our house so I'm sure the shelters wont want then to be attacked eiether

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No rescue centers/groups in your area? They are not the same thing as the shelters. Sometimes you can find contacts through local pet stores - there is also a Next Door Neighbor web site, if in your area, that you could join. They often have members who deal with, or are part of, a local rescue group.