Cat ate quail foot attached to leg bone

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kutenaicat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is doing great. She seems to be adjusting to being inside a kennel, in the house at night too. Last night was her second night in it, but the first time with the upgrades I made to it. I'm sure she appreciates the safety and security of no threats at night. And of course the warmth. I've been wanting to transition her to part time indoors, ever since she decided our place was home. It took this scare to convince my significant other that it needed to happen and that I could make it work. It's his house and we don't agree on everything regarding the pets. (We have two youngish small dogs also).

kutenaicat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Outside cats eats birds all the time. If cats got sick from eating little birdie feet they probably wouldn't be such a successful species in most of the world ;). If she isn't feeling well it's probably a separate issue.

If she eats wildlife, it's best to have her on a regular de-worming schedule.

I hope she's feeling fine now!
I know she has eaten quail before but I have seen their feet left behind so I just didn't know. I agree with the successful species point of view, but it doesn't mean cats never suffer from a gut perforation.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
Hi,
Jade is beautiful. I'm glad you brought her inside. My kitten gets along very well with my two young Chihuahua mixes and there are many other dog people on the site who can help you with any adjustment issues for your multispecies family.

Willow is raw fed and can handle surprisingly large whole prey. I am hoping that Jade will be just fine.

kutenaicat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
Jade is beautiful. I'm glad you brought her inside. My kitten gets along very well with my two young Chihuahua mixes and there are many other dog people on the site who can help you with any adjustment issues for your multispecies family.

Willow is raw fed and can handle surprisingly large whole prey. I am hoping that Jade will be just fine.
Thank you! She seems to be back to normal now. She gets along pretty well with the dogs, thank goodness. I think at one time, shortly after i first started befriending her, she was trapped inside a building for awhile so she has a fear of not being able to get out but we are working on that. In this pic are my three girls hunting moles/voles together.
20180403_174601-1.jpg

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay - thank you for the good updates and the pictures! Jade is one big kitty with a spectacular coat and the "pack" picture of the trio hunting together is adorable - thank you for sharing!

kutenaicat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is still doing good but unfortunately she isn't feeling a lot of trust in me right now. She spent 3 night's inside, in a large kennel and is not having anymore of it. She was gone all day yesterday after I let her out. I called for her throughout the day and evening. Not sure if she is going to let me near her today. The dogs really crowd her when she was inside and not in the kennel. I can see why she couldn't relax. Just bummed I have to worry about her at night again