Cat ate half trash bag

Moemah123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I found a trash bag in my bathroom half eaten. It's a big trash bag and to find it half ripped was shocking. It's a flimsy trash bag very thin layer. I looked around house and there was no vomit. He looks fine and infact demanded more food. Idk what to do or make out of it. Any advice ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moemah123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did he actually eat the bag or just inner contents? how old is your kitty?
He is 2 years old. I keep him well fed 4 times a day and he is a healthy weight 11.6 pounds so I am not sure why he did that and what to do now if he looks fine

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
To meee….looks like he was going for the contents. I think I’d be more concerned about what was in it. As long as there are not intense chicken or fish bones, sounds as if your cat might power through this. Maybe it’s a lesson though to keep the future bags unattainable?

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
He is 2 years old. I keep him well fed 4 times a day and he is a healthy weight 11.6 pounds so I am not sure why he did that and what to do now if he looks fine
[/QUOTE

2 year olds are hellions and curiousity nuts. Does he have a lot of down time? Maybe he is bored? Can you prevent this in future? I am told Da Bird is a great toy for young cats. Any idea as to contents of bag?

Moemah123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There was nothing much in it, just expired bottles of medicine it was mostly empty. But there are sizeable holes when I look into it

Attachments

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
Personally, I wouldn’t worry. I think if it were me, and this is no judgement, I would prevent in future, and just find other sources of things for him to do. Cats have a need to know.

Moemah123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We work from home, so we are around them. I play with them whenever I can, admittedly not with toys nowadays. He has a sister same age, so i assumed he was fine. He just likes to eat anything and everything he can. His sister doesn't do same behavior :(

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would recommend keeping an eye on him and look for any changes in his behavior make sure he eats drinks and continues using the bathroom and I agree just try to prevent it from happening in the future.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's sealed empty bottles, as far I know nothing else was in bag, it was pretty empty
Ok good to know. Yea just keep an eye on I think he will be fine if you notice any changes in his behavior straining to go to the bathroom vomiting not eating or drinking then that is when you would need to get him to a vet. But for now he should be fine especially since he is wanting food