Cat And Lotion

Jackintheb0x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I put Bath and Body works sleep lotion on my hands and arms and about 10 minutes after my cat wanted me to pick him up and hold him.

He stayed in my lap about 5 minutes and then got down. Now he’s obsessively licking himself.

My question is, is the lotion that was on my arms going to hurt him? It must have transferred to him. I’m panicking a little.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's probably long after he's licked himself clean, but can you get a damp towel and wipe him off?
Anyway, I'm fairly paranoid about that kind of thing and do my darndest to not touch my Big Guy after I've lotioned my hands.
But, that said, just keep an eye on him and if he begins to act off, give your vet a quick call.

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He most likely is trying to get the BBW scent off him. I agree with Furball'smom about wiping him with a damp cloth just to be safe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jackintheb0x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's probably long after he's licked himself clean, but can you get a damp towel and wipe him off?
Anyway, I'm fairly paranoid about that kind of thing and do my darndest to not touch my Big Guy after I've lotioned my hands.
But, that said, just keep an eye on him and if he begins to act off, give your vet a quick call.
I actually did that right after I posted this. Just completely wiped him down with a wet wash rag.

I usually don’t touch him either, honestly. I had washed my hands prior to him getting in my lap and it didn’t even occur to me about it rubbing off on him from my arms.

He seems fine though, he’s playing in his water bowl as I write this.