Cat And Corn?!

Vega's Dad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OK, I'm not talking about ingredients. This morning when I was eating boiled corn, Vega joined me! She started licking then chewing. I had to take the corn away. I remember seeing cats eating corn in two other occasions. It won't be on Vega's menus but I'm curious if your cats are also interested in the "starchy treats" ?:confused2:

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have seen other cats eat corn on the cob, and i think as an occasional treat it would not be a problem. :)
It's in a lot of cat foods partly because cats like the taste i think. I feed Purina naturals to the outside guys, it has corn, and all of my indoor cats want it when they get a chance. If i leave the bowl i am taking out where my big guy can get to it he will grab a big mouth full and run to where he can eat it in peace. :) I guess cats are like us, they like the occasional carb :)

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When we eat corn on the cob Rocket will steal the cobs if we aren't careful. It's rather funny to see because she's so little and the cobs are usually full size. She's sneaky about it and protective of her cobs when she does manage it, so I'd imagine it's yummy.

It isn't harmful to them but I wouldn't purposefully let them have it.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t know if this is accurate but I’ve noticed that my cats who have been fed dry food before I adopted them like to eat things like bread and corn. My cats who I have had since they were kittens and have been fed raw their whole lives usually couldn’t care less about these things. I have a prediction that cats that get fed lots of dry food become a bit addicted to the grains.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Snake once nibbled on some of our finished corn, but I'm sure most cats prefer meat. Given the choice between the two, she'd definitely go for "real" food. I know a cat who prefers fruits/veggies over meat.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don’t know if this is accurate but I’ve noticed that my cats who have been fed dry food before I adopted them like to eat things like bread and corn. My cats who I have had since they were kittens and have been fed raw their whole lives usually couldn’t care less about these things. I have a prediction that cats that get fed lots of dry food become a bit addicted to the grains.
Rocket was from a hoarder situation and got all sorts of junk to eat. She's on only one of our group who will regularly try to steal human meals. Fried chicken, eggs, corn, toast, meatloaf, pretty much anything on a plate unattended she will try to steal. Although,some things like the corn seem to be more enjoyed.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Rocket was from a hoarder situation and got all sorts of junk to eat. She's on only one of our group who will regularly try to steal human meals. Fried chicken, eggs, corn, toast, meatloaf, pretty much anything on a plate unattended she will try to steal. Although,some things like the corn seem to be more enjoyed.
This is exactly the same for my girl who also came from a hoarding situation.