Cat always seems angry?

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitty Maya seems like she's angry/in a bad mood most of the time. With anyone who tries petting or holding her. If I try petting her or picking her up she just growls, hisses and sometimes even swats until she's left alone, and if my mom or other people do, she does the same thing. Every now and then she'll lay down by someone for a while and let us pet her, but after a short bit, she'll hiss and run off again. I have no idea why she does this. She loves my Pomeranian though, and is always running up to her and rubbing on her/bathing her a lot. Does anyone have any idea why she acts like this?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't see her in your cat pages. How old? How long have you had her and has she always been like this? Could anyone have made her afraid of people? Is she in a house full of other cats?

sadisticookie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure why your kitty is moody but one of my cat's is a very moody one. He has more attitude, mood swings and grumpiness than I can keep up with. Almost reminds me of PMS. He uses his tail to express his million and one mood swings more than any cat I have ever come across. Very expressive in his diverse emotions.

Maybe some cats are innately more expressive. Gotta love 'em!