Cat Agility

ahunter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In searching through older threads, it seems like a few years since anyone has brought up the topic of cat agility. Is anyone here trying it? What have been your experiences?

I've been working on it for few years now and am trying to get more serious about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

moorspede

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You mean cat agility training? I saw an ep on My Cat from Hell, he used it for a particularly energetic Bengal. It was in a warehouse and you could take your cat there. Man, we have nothing even remotely like that here. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ahunter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, I'm asking about cat agility training. At home, I've taught two of my cats to jump, weave, go through tunnels, and sit on an agility table. I even set up an amateur course. Thanks to friend, I've also been able to visit a local dog club during off hours to add A-Frames, pet walks, and teeter totter. I've gotten more serious about, including reading material at Cat Fanciers Association agility and International Cat Agility, but would like to hear cat owners here about their experiences.

My questions are:

* Has anyone done any agility training at home?

* Has anyone gone to agility classes or shows?

Locally, there isn't any place that trains cats or that currently is even open to its facilities being used for this purpose. My friend and I are working to change this, and would love to hear anyone's thoughts on the topic.