Cat after sedation

Katieannee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! Marcy my 8 year old cat had to get sedated on Thursday to get an X-ray (which came back okay) but she’s still not herself really. On Thursday she never slept after bringing her home she didn’t even sleep at night, I know she didn’t sleep as I was awake with her as all she wanted was attention. She also ate a lot! Friday she didn’t sleep in the morning but finally went to sleep at about 12:30pm and still had a packet of wet food but last night she barley touched her dry food as she slept all night, this morning she has eaten a little bit of food and is interested when I offer it on my hand but she just would rather sleep. Her urination is normal and she went poo this morning which was slightly runny but apparently that’s how it should be after sedation. Anyway is it okay that she isn’t eaten as much? Is it just because she’s tired from not sleeping for a day and a half?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I would tell the vet not to use the brand or whatever of the sedation for your cat.

Can you keep trying to handfeed her to help get some more calories into her until she's back to herself?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katieannee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can hand feed her, she’s more interested in her dry food now for some reason so i’m trying to get some more into her!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katieannee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update- I just gave her some tuna which she ate I’m hoping it will bring her appetite back