Cat after 2 catheters

zakariakd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi my 3 year male cat had urinary blockage cuz of crystals in the bladder the vet removed the small stones and put him on a catheter for 4 days after the removal he only pees small amount at a time his bladder catch up and got filled again i took him to the vet again they put him on another catheter for another 4 days after the second removal he was abit better peed more still just a little bit but better then before and he went lethargic this was 16days ago but this past 3 days he cries when he goes to the litter and pee is blood red and when laying down he cries in pain and licks him self on a few leaked drops of pee and he can only pull the tip of his penis when peeing my question is the catheter being inserted twice made the tip of hes penis inflammed i noticed that he only cries when the drop of pee reaches the tip of the penis

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zakariakd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If he is urinating blood and not much urine, he needs to go back to the vet now, as he may have reblocked. Even if he hasn’t, he needs his pain managed. There is nothing over the counter that you can give a cat. Everything is toxic. He really needs to go to the vet.
The thing is he only pees like 3-4 drops of blood mix with urine and then hes pee goes clear again

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to second the advice that you should bring him back to the vet right away. I agree that he very likely needs pain management.

I recently went through a urinary retention/blockage crisis with my cat, and it can escalate in severity very quickly. And I think you've established that he's definitely experiencing pain while urinating. That needs to be managed now because it can become a life-threatening problem before you know it.