cat adopted kittens :)

samz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hey all,
my girl Delilah and my boy Lion-o adopted three adorable kittens(originally belonged to my frd but she doesnt have time for them she brought them over and it was instant bonding between all 5 of them) kitens are 2.5 months old by my girl and boy treats them like newly born kittens...my boy wnt stop licking them he licke their faces,paws,tails,tummies and even butts and my girl she grabd them by neck and take them to litter trays hugs them sometimes even pretend shez feeding them lol they look adorable bu what confuses me is they both have gone so protective of the kittens they dnt let any1 touch them except me at night i put them in their beds early morning i get up cz of my girls persistent licking only to find that she has moved all three of kittens on my pillow she licks all 4 of us turn by turn...it doesnt bother me i ve never had a mama and a papa cat ard just wondering if its ok?
thank u all in advance for ur time 

jonesy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sounds like normal maternal instincts of a momma and poppa cat to me.. She will be very protective of them until they get older and bigger.. Then you will probably see her start trying to keep them from bothering her too much lol.. 

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a poppa cat that would bring random kittens home. I always wonder how he managed not to get his butt beaten by an angry mommy, but none of them seemed to mind his babysitting service. I finally put a box on the porch for him to keep his little charges in. I think the are lucky babies to have both of them.