Cat Addiction

roseeastyy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay so my cat amy she refuses to eat her food until l give her some cat treats like she would choose her treats instead of food, does anyone know how i can change her behaviour , lf l dont give them to her  she gets aggressive so would really appreciate your help thanks 

btavis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a cat like that.  Smokey will gobble up treats like a crack addict preferring them over regular cat food. So....I switched cat food to Fancy Feast and mixed a few treats in with it. Now he gets both and the nourishment he needs. He was a runt of the litter so weight gain is not a problem with having treats but I did want him to get a more balanced diet. He will not eat dry cat food under any circumstances., by the way. The other cats ( I have five) are not addicted but they do like the treats in moderation. Smokey now will eat wet food without the treats. So I weaned him off though I still give him some occasionally for being a good boy.

Try mixing the treats with wet food and see what happens. But don't add a lot, just three or four. I think you will see he eats it all. Hopefully!

Last edited: