Cat acting weird

kmkaeberlein

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 3 year old male cat has been acting odd the past few days. Today is the worst. He will walk around the house, but in a cautious-like way, his body close to the ground and he has been very skiddish. He runs at the slightest noise, when anyone walks around and he can't see them he takes off like he's afraid. He has never done this before and I am not sure why it just suddenly started.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey there, I cant offer to much advice as I havent experienced this behaviour, has anything changed in your home recently? Might of spooked him a bit? Any fireworks going off maybe? (sorry I dont know if you are in the UK or not we have just had bonfire night here that is all or if your in the US, Canada etc...)  perhaps a quick ring to your vet?

Ill flag it up for one of the advisors to pop in and see if they can help some more :)

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Is there any construction near your house?

My Freya did something similar when our neighbours were having their roof done. My guess is the new noises freaked her out because a day or so after the roofers were gone she was back to normal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kmkaeberlein

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nope, nothing recently changed, no fireworks, construction, or other cats around. It's really odd for him because he is a very lovable, cuddly, attention hog. I've been watching him all day and he is extremely skiddish. As I mentioned before, it is unlike him and I am not sure what is going on but it is definitely bothering me. :(

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It probably wouldn't hurt to give your vet a call, to see what they think. Maybe have them look him over, just to be sure nothing's physically wrong.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only time my cats do that is when they are stalking. Do you think he has seen a mouse or even an insect in the house?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kmkaeberlein

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks guys, I'll definitely give the vet a call. And Jennyranson, no. I know his 'stalking creep' walk and this is definitely not it. We have had mice and bats in here before, and he does chase insects but that kind of walk compared to what he is doing is definitely completely different. But thank you :)

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds to me that something really frightened him in the house. Hopefully he will settle and get past it. :cross: :vibes::vibes::vibes: If not, agree, that a vet check would be next.