Cat acting strange

coloratura

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been googling for the last hour and haven't found anything to examine the way my 2 year old cat has been acting for maybe the last hour and a half. She has been biting the ears of our other cat and walking around meowing like crazy. When you pick her up and start petting her she purrs very loudly. The second you put her down she starts crying again. She has food, water, a clean litter box... What gives?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coloratura

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She will be in the next week. I got her from a friend who lied and said she was fixed when she gave her to me. Obviously I got quite the surprise. I've seen her in heat before and that's not what this is. She didn't start until we let her play a cat game on my iPad. Maybe the game irritated her?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She will be in the next week. I got her from a friend who lied and said she was fixed when she gave her to me. Obviously I got quite the surprise. I've seen her in heat before and that's not what this is. She didn't start until we let her play a cat game on my iPad. Maybe the game irritated her?
IMHO she is in heat..... Not sure why you say "that's not what this is". IMHO This sound heat to the "T".... Be very very careful with her... she can do anything to scape....

Last edited:

riccadawn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sounds like heat to me too. My vet didn't want to spay my kitten until she was 6 months old. She went into heat twice before then, the first time was mild, and the second time she was much more vocal and upset about it. So if your girl is about the age where she would just be starting to go into heat, maybe that's what's going on with her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coloratura

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The only reason I didn't think it was heat was because she was not presenting herself or rolling around on the floor like she did last time. She's getting spayed Monday morning so hopefully that takes care of it!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS and good luck to your girl on her spay day. Poor kitty, 18 months of endless heat cycles. She will be so much happier now. :heart3:

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I asked about her being spayed because my gut instinct was that she's in heat.