Cat Acting Strange And Experiencing Concerning Symptoms

shelbymasters

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a one year old cat, a female ragamuffin. Until now she's never had behavioral problems or health issues whatsoever since we got her. (We got her at 10 weeks old.) Well a few weeks back she started acting super weird, she's always been super clingy for a cat, but she suddenly started becoming needy to the point it was unbearable, we couldn't even eat without basically having to lock her out of the room and listening to her meow constantly, couldn't use the toilet or even take a shower without her jumping all over you. Then she started throwing up feces, like entire intact turds. Next day I noticed she was bleeding from her anus. We experienced a huge and unexpected financial loss recently (so bad to the point we lost our apartment and had to move in with family) and couldn't afford a vet visit unless we took money out of our my mom's life insurance policy. She would act insane, almost hurting herself she was so desperate to get outside even though she is a strictly indoor cat. To make matters worse, a relative let her outside and she was missing for 3 days and could possibly be pregnant. I found and brought her back in and not only have the symptoms not stopped, but have only gotten worse. This is my 3 year olds cat whom she is super close with and always has been, I want to try my best to make sure she is healthy.

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
First, I'd like to welcome you to TCS! :welcomesign: Second, I'm very sorry to hear about your cat's sudden change(s) in behavior although it appears to be health related. Third, her symptoms require medical care and treatment. If she is throwing up what you described as feces and bleeding from her rear end she should be examined by a vet. Her unusual behavior, e.g. excessive meowing, crying out and being clingy may be signs that she is experiencing pain of some sort.

Since you mentioned having an unexpected financial loss I hope this Article may have some helpful information for you:
No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat’s Life – TheCatSite Articles

Best of luck, please keep us posted on your progress. :alright:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome!
The faeces and anal bleeding aside, the clinginess she's showing could be that she's pregnant. And if she wasn't before and has been out for three days, and was so desperate to get out, then it's almost guaranteed she is now.
If there is any way you can get her to a vet, that really is what needs to be done. Neely has made some suggestions.. I do hope something there will help you.
Your daughter and her are obviously very close. 💞

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are you sure those were feces she threw up and not hairballs? A hairballs looks quite like feces, but don't usually have much smell to them, if any. If those smelled like feces, and are still happening, then she needs to be seen by a Vet soon! Vomiting feces is a sign of an obstruction and is really an emergency.

Everything else you have described really sounds like a female in heat, including the bleeding, which I'm thinking was really not from her anus, but rather from her vagina, which is close by :wink: