Cat Acting Odd

adroit14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, ever since we had to put down our dog (5 months ago), or cat has been acting quite odd. For starters, there is this one couch that, if there is clothes on, she will pee on them. It doesn't matter where they are on the couch, she'll still pee on them. She also has this weird habit of staring at several places, such as the entrance to my garage and my front door. For some reason too, she just starts meowing quite loud for no apparent reason. Recently, there has been an influx in this behavior. I have never considered taking her to the vet because of this, but I might now. Has anyone else experienced behavior like this in their cat after a pet died? And if so, what did you do to calm the cat? Thanks in advance.

fornana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Adroit14!
So sorry to hear about your dog. I know that's never easy. I'm also sorry to hear about your cat's recent behaviors. Since you mentioned your dog's death do you think that is the cause of her behaviors?

I think it would be a good idea to have her checked out by the vet to r/o any disease or sickness.

My male cat, Abraham has peed on my clothes before. One time I had just washed my clothes and had folded it all in a big pile. While I was putting them away that's when I noticed a smell :eek: That had to deal with insecurity (we had just moved) and thankfully has completely subsided.

I hope you find some answers, and your cat gets better. The vet will bring some needed insight. Keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adroit14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Adroit14!
So sorry to hear about your dog. I know that's never easy. I'm also sorry to hear about your cat's recent behaviors. Since you mentioned your dog's death do you think that is the cause of her behaviors?

I think it would be a good idea to have her checked out by the vet to r/o any disease or sickness.

My male cat, Abraham has peed on my clothes before. One time I had just washed my clothes and had folded it all in a big pile. While I was putting them away that's when I noticed a smell :eek: That had to deal with insecurity (we had just moved) and thankfully has completely subsided.

I hope you find some answers, and your cat gets better. The vet will bring some needed insight. Keep us posted!
Well, I think its most likely caused by the death of my dog, since the odd behavior started soon after. I will take her to the vet though. Thanks