Cat Abuse!!!! aka Halloween Costumes

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I agree wth those who don't think a costume belongs on a cat (or a dog). Sure, we've turned them into our children but would never say that they are human so why treat them like humans? They are animals and should be given the dignity they deserve. I would never put a costume on any of my cats, they are beautiful and funny as themselves. Besides that, why use up more resources for silly things like animal costumes that are likely going to end up in the landfill after one day? 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I need to once again mention to those of you that have an issue with cats wearing costumes, please start a thread in our "In my Opinion" forum if you feel the need to debate and discuss it. This thread in "Fur Pictures" is not the proper place for that discussion. .

Last edited:

slykat12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I agree wth those who don't think a costume belongs on a cat (or a dog). Sure, we've turned them into our children but would never say that they are human so why treat them like humans? They are animals and should be given the dignity they deserve. I would never put a costume on any of my cats, they are beautiful and funny as themselves. Besides that, why use up more resources for silly things like animal costumes that are likely going to end up in the landfill after one day? 
Are you kidding she is wearing that T Rex costume for the next 3 years I spent 13 whole bucks on it and I am out of work! No landfill ! I recycle everything!!!!

And I don't think it silly at all. There are other things more "silly" and wasteful that I could rattle off. She enjoyed the outfit as did everyone else and we could use some joy in our household. She happens to be attacking the glowing eyes as I type. I don't think it fair that those of us that spend time with our cats playing with them are coming under fire.

Whitney has her way she shows affection towards me-licking me and bringing me toys and laying on my boobs-which hurts and I show my affection in my ways. She is a very happy cat! 

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

I think Midnight really went as an optical illusion!

Did they get lots of treats?

And yes, what treats were earned, and did they have to do tricks too or just turn up looking cute?   (Some may have missed Midnight of course in that camouflage outfit).

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

And yes, what treats were earned, and did they have to do tricks too or just turn up looking cute?   (Some may have missed Midnight of course in that camouflage outfit).

I think Midnight really went as an optical illusion!

Did they get lots of treats?
You're right Midnight does look like an optical illusion! 

The cats did very well this year, they got Temptations and some other cat treats. They even got some toys!

Midnight does tricks all the time for Temptations. But Halloween they just had to keep their costumes on