Cast iron skillet,wok,and grill

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
The grill makes excellent hamburgers and has 2 handles. I just got delivered a 10.25 inch skillet
I have recipes that call for a 9 inch skillet or wok. I want to make a dessert that uses a 9 inch wok. Can I sub my 10.255 inch skillet? Does something cooked in a skillet cooked at the same temp if done in a wok?

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What kind of dessert? If it's a dump style you will be fine, just keep a close eye on it regarding time and heat.

Some recipes provide adjustments. You may need to add a smidgen more if everything. If this is corn bread it may turn out thinner if you don't increase your amounts but again be cautious with the time and heat so you don't scorch the bottom.

Sometimes I just give up and look for a similar recipe that fits the pan :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Just onne of the many I want to make. The blueberry cake. It was only $20 so the 9 inch is $17

20230531_213950.jpg

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. There's even a 6.5 inch skillet,8,9,10 and 12

Have you ever used cast iron? Mine is pre seasoned. Though I still have to lightly cover with oil after washing and drying it?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I would increase all of the amounts by about 1/4. So, for a cup of milk, I'd go with 1-1/4 cups. For the 3 eggs, I'd go with 4. And so on. But that's just me. Before I bought a 9-inch springform pan for cheesecakes, I only had a 10-inch. And that's how I dealt with it. It worked for me.

And since you're talking about cast iron, don't use dishwashing liquid on it. Very hot water and a plastic scraper should be all you need. Dry it well with paper towels, then plop it on the top of your stove until it's really dry.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I would increase all of the amounts by about 1/4. So, for a cup of milk, I'd go with 1-1/4 cups. For the 3 eggs, I'd go with 4. And so on. But that's just me. Before I bought a 9-inch springform pan for cheesecakes, I only had a 10-inch. And that's how I dealt with it. It worked for me.

And since you're talking about cast iron, don't use dishwashing liquid on it. Very hot water and a plastic scraper should be all you need. Dry it well with paper towels, then plop it on the top of your stove until it's really dry.
No washing? Just oil all over? I thought it would be simple to use. Thanks for the info. Much needed

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
That skillet will make delicious crispy crust pizzas in the oven. Lots of recipes out there .
I've made it in my 9x13 but this will be better. Have you made sweet potato fries in it?