Carriers

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Thunder & Bella  love to sleep in the one and only carrier I have They fight to take turns in it.

And when one of them is bad we put them in it and they have no problem and are good the rest of the day.  Do u use a carrier for either way ?

dejolane

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My two will nap in their carriers if they are in the house.  I've never put them in there for misbehaving.  When they were kittens I did have a large wire dog crate they went into when we were sleeping or not home (had litter, food, water, etc in it).  

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't punish my cats, and wouldn't be using a carrier to do so. They should want to go into a carrier, not feel it's a punishment.

May I also suggest you have at least one carrier per cat, if you need to vet them both or evacuate it's far easier with the correct amount of carriers, will also reduce them fighting if there is one each. 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't punish my cats, and wouldn't be using a carrier to do so. They should want to go into a carrier, not feel it's a punishment.
Absolutely!  I like my cats to feel that their carriers are comfy and fun.. especially when they're needed for a vet's visit.

I do tend to leave mine around with comfy things in them so that they don't just become the dreaded vet visit thing...

Last edited:

duckdodgers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I bring them both out occasionally so  that the cats don't mind them.  Stella's is out in my bedroom (her bedroom) most of the time, and I catch her sleeping in it once in awhile.  Alafair won't deliberately go into hers, but sometimes she'll hang out in it for awhile if I place her in it. 

I second the having enough carriers for each cat thing.  I was going to live with using just one and putting one in a box if need be, but my dear mother was gracious enough to buy me one when I got a second kitty
  Even then, it's good that we had another one for Jason even when I was at my parents' house with both of my cats/carriers.  We needed to take both him and Alafair to the vet, both of my carriers are small, and Jason is Man Cat.  Man Cat does not fit in dainty kitty carriers
  He has one of those hard sided plastic kennels that is designed for smallish dogs (not the smallest one) that I bought when he was a baby.  I felt a little silly lugging this little kitten around in it, but then he grew into Man Cat.  Now I'm sure he would prefer it over the ones that the girls have!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't keep Bella or Thunder in the carrier for along time. Don't think I so mean cause I do so. They are in there for about 5 minutes no longer. And when they come out,they are really nice to each other.

dejolane

duckdodgers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Apparently I need to better secure Stella's carrier.  Dropped her off at the vet today and while I was inside getting the paperwork she figured out how to escape!  I went back to the car to get her only to find her just chilling on the center console.  My thought was "Huh.  Well THAT'S not right!"  She evidently pawed/chewed at the zipper long enough for it to unzip enough for her to squeeze out.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Bella was younger she used to do the same thing. Zippers aren't cat proof I guess It was pretty funny watching her unzip that zipper.

dejolane

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bella & Thunder take turns sleeping in the carrier. Sometimes I can't find 1 or the other.

dejolane