Carmie.s Kitties

carmie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello.  I am a new member with three kitties. BooBoo was a neighbors cat about 12 years ago.  She wasnt having him neutered, so I offered to pay half of it.  She never did pay me her half, so when BooBoo chose to reside at my house, I didnt feel guilty not sending him back.  Baby Bear is from a garage sale in 2001.  I almost named him HAL.  There were four kitties and they were obviously handled very lovingly.  From day one, Baby Bear has been absolutely convinced that everyone loves him and wants to know him better.  Cairo (pronounced KayRow) was one of five ferals I took from a shed behind where I used to work.  There was a new litter every spring.  I decided to take this litter mainly because one of them (Sweetie) was so eager for human attention.  I had all five neutered.  Sweetie and PeeWee were very easily assimilated, although even cooperative ferals are terrified of being picked up at first.  Two of the ferals escaped and I never saw them again.  I feel very bad about that.  They were in a strange place with no shelter.  I wish I had put them back into the shed.  The fifth is Cairo.  She is getting better all the time.  She is eight years old now, and she can still snap back into the feral fight or flight mode in an instant if she is startled;  For the first few years she would run and hide whenever I stood up.  She has been sitting on my lap for only a couple of years now.  My dear Sweetie died of cancer at the tender age of six.  I have posted a picture of BooBoo in my Carmie's Kitties gallery.  He has very bad (waxy) hair and always looks clumpy.  I have a new computer and havent figure out how to load my camera into the computer, so BooBoo is the only one who has a picture so far.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I will have to go find your photos. I love kitty photos!

I don't blame you about not giving Booboo back. I'd be the same way, and it doesn't seem like your neighbor fought to get him back anyways.

I'm sorry to hear about Sweetie, but you had 6 wonderful years with her I'm sure!

Hope to see you around the forums more, and welcome!!