Care Credit And Dental Work Questions

debby593853

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. Due to the pandemic, I have about 60$ to my name and am unemployed. Which is possibly the worst time my cat could end up with an infected tooth. It is beside his incisor, but his front teeth all appear inflamed, and I noticed tarter build up in the top of his incisors near the gum line. I feel horrible and spent the night crying about this - I diligently brush his teeth daily and have done this for about a year now, with C.E.T, he eats wet food, I'm at a loss for words and am shocked it got this way; I was doing all that I could but it seems that wasn't enough. I feel like a failure.

Fortunately the vet nearby says they accept care credit, but I am confused as to how that works, as well as dental exams in general. Do I apply for care credit now or afterwards? How do I know they will cover the cost? Any and all insight appreciated. TIA

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It works like a credit card. You apply at the Care Credit website and they will give you a credit limit and a number. You can do it while at the vet and give them the information or you can wait a couple of weeks for your card to show up in the mail. If I were you, I would try to find some kind job because the interest rate on the card is crazy high, like 26% or something like that and you have to start paying it right away. Also, shop around for vets who may charge less to do the dental work. Nothing wrong with getting a second opinion.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

debby593853

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It works like a credit card. You apply at the Care Credit website and they will give you a credit limit and a number. You can do it while at the vet and give them the information or you can wait a couple of weeks for your card to show up in the mail. If I were you, I would try to find some kind job because the interest rate on the card is crazy high, like 26% or something like that and you have to start paying it right away. Also, shop around for vets who may charge less to do the dental work. Nothing wrong with getting a second opinion.
I think I might be getting some help, thank you for the explanation. If I could get a job I would but I have no car and live in the sticks, and care for high risk elderly family. Sent some emails to other vets but no replies yet, I rescued my boy off the streets, I wonder if mice would be good for his teeth in the future