Cardiologist appointment

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scheduled an appointment with the cardiologist the dr recommended - Monday at 9:30 a.m.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saw the cardiologist this morning.      Really liked him a lot, seems very knowledgeable, professional, took lots of time.

Anyway - here's what happens next.

Going into his office Wednesday for an echocardiogram (don't know if I spelled that correctly).   Then Thurs. he goes into the hospital for the dr to do angioplasty to determine what blockages there are.     Based on the results of the angioplasty, if stents are required they will do that procedure and he'll have to spend one night in the hospital.      His ejection fraction (blood flow to the heart) was around 35%, which is low, so it shows blood is not flowing properly.  He did not feel it was anything serious enough to require by-pass surgery, but of course we won't know until they do the angioplasty.

So that's the story.    I think he's a good dr (checked him out on Google - did his residency at Cleveland Clinic and he is originally from Holland).     He spent a lot of time explaining things and answering my questions.     Told Paul to start taking an aspirin a day.

I really appreciate all your input and concern.  It means the world to both of us!

Will keep; you posted.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like the doctor has a plan.  Glad your hubby got in before something happened.  Let us know how the angio goes.