Can't Tell If Cats Are Friends

lre17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hi all,
So I got my 4 year old boys about a year ago. They are declawed (I didn't do it-they came that way) litter mates and a bonded pair (or at least I was told they are). When I first got them they cuddled and wrestled much more than they do now and I am just wondering if that is normal. They will sleep near each other (usually on either side of me), look out the window together, sit in the same room, eat together without fuss, use the box if front of each other. On a few occasions I catch them bathing each other and cuddled up and sometimes they touch noses/sniff butts. They don't hide from each other and in general walk around the apartment with their tails in the air. They go through phases where they seem to romp a lot and then phases where not so much. When they do romp 70% of the time Felix starts it (I think Felix may be the alpha) but I see no blood, hissing etc. Sometimes they do "timeshare" stuff (like if one is sitting on me and the other comes over the first cat will leave but I don't see any major resource guarding). Is all good on the home front? I see lots of people with multiple cats posting pictures of them all cuddled up together all the time and I got a little worried that maybe mine where not actually getting along

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Your cats are friends. Sleeping together, bathing, tails up, looking out the window together, absolutely all is very good on the home front. I'm glad they have you!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Bear in mind that all those photographs are just moments in time, not "all the time." Your boys have a lovely friendship, but retain their independence and individuality. They are evidently thriving in your care. And thank you for taking on a pair of declawed cats, with the issues that they can have.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lre17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone I just got worried (never had two cats before and the internet was like if your cats don't cuddle a ton they hate each other and you should panic so I sorta did lol).

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, that's the internet for you. I've known cats that NEVER really liked each other, but who lived quite contentedly in a state of peaceful coexistence. No cause for panic, and since they don't fight constantly, they certainly don't HATE each other! If they did, you would not have the first doubt about it!