Can't Copy & Paste Anymore

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no idea what's going on anymore. I just tried to copy/paste a website address into a reply, and my copy/paste function isn't working. Crtl/C doesn't work either. It won't work in Internet Explorer, Word, or in Outlook Express.

I tried going into Tools-Internet Options-Zones-Custom-Misc-Drag and Drop/Copy paste, but everything appears to be enabled.

I'm about frustrated enough to throw the darn computer out in traffic.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You may want to reboot your computer - a reboot usually fixes everything

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not meaning to sound trite, but get a Mac!

OK, I know they are expensive, but not having to worry about viruses and spyware, and the simplicity of running software, and the pre-installed software, and the support, and the speed, etc............... are worth it.

I got my Mac about a month ago, and I love it! No more PCs for me, ever!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^Malware exists, if you believe the propaganda that it doesn't you'll eventually get something. And the bad thing is that you'll have to have given it complete permission to do so - so it will more likely be a rootkit or something equally nasty.

Did you get your clipboard to work? If not, or if so, for reference try this. Go to start>run and type clipbrd. Up to Edit and delete. This will empty it and should resolve the problem without needing a restart.

If that doesn't resolve it, do a thorough scan for malware. You can also manually check your registry because there can sometimes be a string that pops in there (usually from malware, but sometimes from legit apps) that can mess it up. If you want to know where to look and what to look for, ask and I'll share.

Third, it could simply be that a window file corrupted. This happens over time from filling up your hard drive, improper shutdowns, driver/software issues, and everyday use. This isn't necessarily a windows problem, though it's more prone to it, but is just what happens when we use an installed OS day in and day out.
If a file corrupted you simply need your windows disc to fix it.

And finally, if you have a special keyboard that you had to install a driver for, it could be that. Though less likely.