Can't Change My Avatar Picture?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Were you trying to upload a .jpg or .gif image from your hard disk, or copying the url from an image hosting site? How big was the image? It's working - I grabbed two of your photos from your thread in Fur Pics and uploaded an avatar without any problem. It works best if you cut the image to about 300 x 300 pixels before uploading.

You now have three more avatars in your avatar album (accessible at the bottom of your profile page). You can open the album, click "Edit Photos" at the top right, and then click "Use as my avatar" beside the picture you want, then click "Save Changes" at the bottom.

View media item 182015

Alternatively, click on the album to open it, right click on the avatar you want to use, choose "Copy image location", and paste it into the "Add or Upload an Image" box that pops up when you click "Replace Avatar" on your profile page.

View media item 182011

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

moggymomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank You so much. Got my avatar changed. Now just need to figure out my signature. Not sure why but it says I can't access/edit the rest of my profile until I've been active in the forums... but I have been. Lol. Oh well. No matter. I'm having fun anyway. Lol

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
You're welcome! You'll be able to edit your signature when you've achieved Young Cat status, i.e., you have at least 20 post and 5 days of membership. This various groups and the perks connected with them are listed here: Promotions and Benefits

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise