Cannot Find Cali

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OMG. I was just about to put on some shoes and go outside and she was just there sitting down calmly in front of me like nothing happened. I just cried! My baby is okay!!! Thank you guys so much for your support, I am going to smother a kitty with hugs and kisses now . . . as much as she'll let me.
This was my first stop today, too, and what a pleasure to see a very happy ending! I know how relieved you are! Been there, done that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CharlieandBuster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
On the plus side, Buster is not so hostile to Cali any longer (no hissing, growling, or any sign of tension. In fact, Buster seems to want to go hang out with Cali now. Cali is still tense and avoids Buster's presence though. It's for the better since I still need to get her to the vet before I can put them together, and I'm sure her courage and comfort level will grow in due time.

duncanmac

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
On the plus side, Buster is not so hostile to Cali any longer (no hissing, growling, or any sign of tension. In fact, Buster seems to want to go hang out with Cali now. Cali is still tense and avoids Buster's presence though. It's for the better since I still need to get her to the vet before I can put them together, and I'm sure her courage and comfort level will grow in due time.
Play with them together so they will associate being together with fun. This is easier said than done as one cat will usually try to dominate the play session, but multiple toys helps and working them in different directions helps to.

And treats - lots and lots of treats.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And patience. They are going to work this out on their schedule, not yours! But I'm tickled that things are better!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CharlieandBuster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am relieved as well. As it turns out, Buster isn't exactly welcoming to Cali so much as she has realized that a 2nd cat means double the food is being put out (divided it may be) and is looking for opportunities to steal from Cali. Cali is no longer wanting to see Buster so much as she is scared of her now (man, things have just flipped here). Last night, I fed them on opposite sides of the doorway (about 10 feet of space between them) while I sat in between. I looked at my phone for 3 seconds and Buster was at Cali's food bowl taking punches to the face.

Well, I am actually happier with how they are responding to each other now. I expect it to be easier for Cali to grow comfortable than for Buster to grow welcoming.