Canned Ziwi Peak

moggiegirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I bought a whole case of 6 ounce cans of Ziwi Peak lamb and mackerel. One cat likes it, the other doesn’t. How many days can I keep the leftovers in the refrigerator?

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
M moggiegirl
I try to not keep more than a day, as I think it loses flavor or tastes different. My two will not usually eat if it if kept longer in the fridge. To help with freshness, put in a glass container.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moggiegirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That’s going to be a lot of wasted cat food then. I was hoping I could keep it for at least a couple of days.

moggiegirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think I’m going to freeze portions in ice cube trays. Bella might not want it 2 days in a row or a large quantity. If she gets finicky I might have to buy a gravy topper for it. Excellent quality though…Ziwi Peak.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a whole case of 6 ounce cans of Ziwi Peak lamb and mackerel. One cat likes it, the other doesn’t. How many days can I keep the leftovers in the refrigerator?
I leave it in the fridge 2 more days. It's already cooked and if it tasted different my cats don't notice so it must be ok

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I keep a 3 oz can in the fridge for about a week. I only give a small amount of canned food as a bedtime snack for one of my cats. Canned food is a cooked product so will keep a couple days in the fridge, longer if you freeze it.

When trying a new brand of food, it's best to just buy one can at a time to try instead of a whole case.

moggiegirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I keep a 3 oz can in the fridge for about a week. I only give a small amount of canned food as a bedtime snack for one of my cats. Canned food is a cooked product so will keep a couple days in the fridge, longer if you freeze it.

When trying a new brand of food, it's best to just buy one can at a time to try instead of a whole case.
Chewy’s website doesn’t sell individual cans. I was able to buy a smaller 3 Oz can from an independent pet store once and the cats liked it. But now that I bought a whole case only one cat eats some of it. I won’t be buying it again but I don’t want to waste it because it is top quality for a canned food.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Chewy’s website doesn’t sell individual cans. I was able to buy a smaller 3 Oz can from an independent pet store once and the cats liked it. But now that I bought a whole case only one cat eats some of it. I won’t be buying it again but I don’t want to waste it because it is top quality for a canned food.
Just right a bad review and donate it. Chewy will refund you

moggiegirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
First I want to see if it works for Bella. Mickey loves his raw chicken and Bella doesn’t like it. Mickey doesn’t like Ziwi Peak but Bella ate a portion of it this morning. If I find it getting thrown away then I know Chewy has a 365 day return policy. I’m just not looking forward to paying to have it shipped back. But if Bella likes the food it’s worth feeding it to her. We’ll see.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
First I want to see if it works for Bella. Mickey loves his raw chicken and Bella doesn’t like it. Mickey doesn’t like Ziwi Peak but Bella ate a portion of it this morning. If I find it getting thrown away then I know Chewy has a 365 day return policy. I’m just not looking forward to paying to have it shipped back. But if Bella likes the food it’s worth feeding it to her. We’ll see.
They will ask you to donate