Candy

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom and sister had to put down their dog this evening. Apparently her organs weren't working and her heart was very weak. The vet said she would have passed in the next few days. My dad rescued her when someone found her abandoned. My dad passed away almost 9 years ago now and Candy lived with my mom and sister. We used to dog sit her before we had kids, she was a great dog. She lived a very long life, she was somewhere around 14-16 years old.

My sister also had to put one of her kitties down in December.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about Candy.  She really was a pretty girl in her red bandana.  It must be so hard for your sister and Mom, and you.  She really did live a very long time - the oldest dog I ever had lived to be 11 and a half.   Regardless of how long it is, it is never long enough.   In the end, your sister and Mom gave her the greatest gift they could, freeing her from suffering.   I hope they will someday find comfort in happy memories.  Good dog, Candy.  You loved your people with all your heart.  

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for sharing the tribute to  such a wonderful companion and much loved family member. I know how much it hurts to have them leave our lives, it leaves a huge hole in our hearts and our homes. But all lives must come to an end and she will now live on through your precious memories. She will always be with you, the bond you form will always be enter twined with your soul, don't let her beautiful, joyful memories be marred by dwelling on her end, but raise your hearts to her boundless love and celebrate what she brought into your lives. Both her and that dear kitty that passed before her are safe and warm now, secure in knowing they were loved so much and will never be forgotten on this earth. They would never want you to be sad when remembering them, but happy to be such a part of your life, and to have known and loved each other so very much. RIP dear Candy, you will be forever held in loving hearts, give what comfort you can to those you left behind, and let them know you have had a joyous reunion with those dearly missed loved ones who went before you!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences on your loss.

Last edited by a moderator:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry for the loss of beautiful Candy.   There is a special place in my heart (and I know a special place in Heaven) for people like your dad.  Please pass along my condolences to your mom and sister.   I'm also sorry your sister had to have her cat put to sleep.