Can You Tell Me What Brandy Is?

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
3E599791-53A1-41A1-B938-5E6E5F238F3C.jpeg
4CE55FD5-A633-46A5-ACF3-4D472BBD0C34.jpeg
A69C4971-F707-4CA0-9F6A-2866147938F9.jpeg
An indonesian lady begged me to take one of her cats out of 23 as she said she is going home to her country and one cat minus from her flock would greatly help her financially. She cannot leave any one behind but if anyone is willing to take more she would be much appreciative. So I chose this cat, and hope she would get along fine with my Barley and Bourbon. I know she is a DLH but I am just curious which breed she is mixed or has an ancestry even a bit? Lol.

This is my new girl, Brandy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm no help breed-wise, but just popping in to say wow, Brandy is gorgeous! Her eyes are incredible! :loveeyes: And I love her name, too.
Thank you very much. She is only a year old, but she is huge - bigger than my Bourbon and Barley who are both two year olds.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! Brandy is gorgeous! Her coloring is so striking! Tabby is a coat marking, not a breed in itself. Both pedigreed cats and randombred cats can have tabby markings. So, I would describe Brandy as a silver tabby (I think it looks like the classic tabby pattern) Domestic Longhair. I don’t see any breed comparisons, but another poster might be able to see something that I can’t put my finger on.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Brandy is gorgeous! Her coloring is so striking! Tabby is a coat marking, not a breed in itself. Both pedigreed cats and randombred cats can have tabby markings. So, I would describe Brandy as a silver tabby (I think it looks like the classic tabby pattern) Domestic Longhair. I don’t see any breed comparisons, but another poster might be able to see something that I can’t put my finger on.
What I mean is I can't recall ever seeing a purebred Cat with Tabby markings, I've only ever seen it on Cats with mixed ancestry.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What I mean is I can't recall ever seeing a purebred Cat with Tabby markings, I've only ever seen it on Cats with mixed ancestry.
There are a lot of purebreds that come in tabby. Maine Coons, Persians, Scottish Folds, etc.

But I agree that I don't see any particular breed influence in her.

She's beautiful!

Wile

Opener of cans
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There are a lot of purebreds that come in tabby. Maine Coons, Persians, Scottish Folds, etc.

But I agree that I don't see any particular breed influence in her.

She's beautiful!
Both of my bengals are tabbies as well :)

Maria you have found yourself a very elegant lady to add to your household. I hope she gets along well with the others.

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
Both of my bengals are tabbies as well :)

Maria you have found yourself a very elegant lady to add to your household. I hope she gets along well with the others.
Thank you. I do hope so. For now the household is quite tense. There have already been a hiss and a growl here and there but no major incidents yet. My Barley is already adjusted to the newbie, as he is always the perfect gentleman. My other lady Bourbon is a different story. Two queens in the household is quite a predicament. For now they are placed in two separate rooms.

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Maria Bayote Maria Bayote , she is gorgeous and I would say she's a silver tabby longhair, mixed breed (usually the healthiest and strongest!). What's her name and how old is she if you know?
According to her previous owner and vet records she is only a year old. She is huge, bigger than my Bourbon and Barley who are both two year old plus. Her name is Brandy.

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
To me she looks like she might have some Maine coon in her. But whatever she is, she is absolutely gorgeous. :)
Thanks a lot. That is what I see in her, too, and she looks a little like my other cat Bourbon as well, only much bigger for her age.

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
I know that Maine's tend to be larger cats. Does she play fetch or love water?
I just took her in and currently she is still scared of my other two cats. She does not want to move yet that much. I am still doing the room separation stuff especially when I am in the office because Bourbon still keeps growling and hissing at her.

Water does not seem to bother Brandy.