Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community
  1. Hi Guest! Cat experts Esther Mechler (founder of Spay USA) and Dr. Phil Bushby, DVM will be here from August 13th through 15th.
    Visit this time-limited forum here and post your questions about spaying and neutering cats.

Can You Resist?

Discussion in 'The Cat's Meow' started by mightyboosh, Mar 13, 2018.

1. mightyboosh

mightyboosh Thread Starter TCS Member Top Cat

Jul 19, 2017
    Burnley, UK
    So, you're lounging on the sofa all relaxed with your kitty snug up to you. You have your hand on, say, the back of the neck.
    Can you resist stroking them or do you just have to do it? With some willpower I can last about ten seconds before the inevitable.

Docs Mom and Alejandra Rico purraised this.

2. Furballsmom

Furballsmom TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 9, 2018
    Colorado USA
    Heh, can't resist, however the Big Guy used to have a time limit on petting, so I usually stop after a bit. I'm very well trained LOL

mightyboosh and Alejandra Rico purraised this.

3. Ardina

Ardina TCS Member Super Cat

Apr 10, 2017
    Hah I usually have the opposite problem. I'll be petting for 10 minutes when I start getting sleepy, and the petting slows down and stops as I drift off. 30 seconds later, Mishka has turned around and head-butted me, and I wake up with a jerk and resume petting. Eventually she gets sleepy too, and then I'm finally allowed to stop.

4. doomsdave

doomsdave TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 2, 2016
    California
    Sometimes they like to sit on my hands while I'm typing, and seem to get a real kick out of it when I try to keep typing under all that fur.

Feral Cat Mom, mightyboosh and Furballsmom purraised this.

5. doomsdave

doomsdave TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 2, 2016
    California
    Say no? I come from across the room to fondle Zika.

Or the Baron.

Feral Cat Mom and mightyboosh purraised this.

6. Furballsmom

Furballsmom TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 9, 2018
    Colorado USA
    LOL :redheartpump:

doomsdave purraised this.

7. Brian007

Brian007 Furmate and Famulus Top Cat

Jan 13, 2017
    Edinburgh, Scotland.
    I cannot manage longer than 20 minutes without the overwhelming desire to fuss a fluffy. :redtabby::tabbycat:

Feral Cat Mom, Docs Mom, doomsdave and 2 others purraised this.

8. LittleQuill

LittleQuill TCS Member Young Cat

Dec 5, 2016
    Australia
    The only time I get snuggle time with any of my cats is in the morning when they come up onto the bed. Anna will climb over my partner to get to me, and push my arm up with her head so she gets a pat. I usually pat her until I fall back to sleep or she does. Oscar will usually just lie down against me, and will let me throw my arm over him and let me go back to sleep. Honey (my newest edition), gets his affection from me during the day. He could quite happily sit there for hours while you pat him. He LOVES pat time with Mum. :petcat:

Furballsmom and mightyboosh purraised this.