TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just to add h is 6 mth old

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You have a beautiful DLH (domestic long hair).  At least, it looks long, especially with the ear tufts.  It also looks like he loves you and has a lot of character!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree, Domestic long hair.  If you do want to compare him with a breed, so perhaps a little alike a Maine Coon.

Welcome to our Forums!

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tulu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you. He does have a lot of character. He is so loving. My sister thought he looks like a maine coon. I thought maybe a Norwegian forest cat.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My sister thought he looks like a maine coon. I thought maybe a Norwegian forest cat.

Norvegians do give a triangular impression with their face, and the "nose is more prolonged". So usually you recognize the type rather easily. Not all are so clear cut, but usually.

As said, he is quite alike a Maine Coon.  Maine Coons are of two types, one with a wild look "directly from the deep forests", and one with sweet, pretty looks "home boy"  :)  ...  

Yours would be alike this with the sweet looks.

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maine Coons, NFCs and Siberians are all 'natural' breeds e.g. selected from the domestic cats (cats of unknown parentage) in their country of origin, respectively the US, Norway and Russia.

So, it's not at all surprising that domestic cats turn up which look similar, and I'm sure this is what your cat is - a domestic longhair with a resemblence to a pedigree.  I also suspect that if you had a genuine example of each breed alongside your cat and a judge who knew those breeds they could show you the ways in which your cat isn't really like the pedigrees.

tulu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

tulu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well i guess we will just have to see hope big he gets. He is already huge n is only 6mth

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Size does not determine breed, there are small MCs and huge domestics. As explained above he is a domestic longhair who looks a bit like a mc. If someone who really knows the breed saw him in person they might well day 'only a tiny bit'. BTW he is old enough to neuter if not already done.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every tabby cat has the 'M' on their foreheads, no matter what breed or no breed.
Yup, that is the Tabby M. There are so many legends surrounding it... I love the look of the M, and the "eyeliner" that tabbies have. Bet you could probably google up about ten different just-so stories about why the tabby cat has an "M" on the forehead. I know one that claims that a tabby cat kept baby Jesus warm in the manger, and Mary blessed the cat with her initial on its forehead. :) Silly, but there you go!

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not to be left out of the tabby M legends, there is a Muslim version that says it's M for the prophet Muhammad (it's I think it is a version of one of the stories about his cat Muezza? ( I guess in this version she was a tabby) . in this one she saves him from a snake and for some reason he traces an M for Muhammad on the cat's head ( but in the Roman alphabet not Arabic!) and in the Christian version it also ends up being in the Roman alphabet rather than Mary's own language. Oh well, those are no more odd than Cats 101 telling viewers it was a way to recognize that a cat was a Maine Coon. They ended up confusing a lot of people who then repeated it to other people and spread more confusion! Not only is the "M" a feature of all cats with tabby patterns, not just Maine Coons , but there are also many Maine Coons who are not tabbies and therefore don't have an "M".
tulu, that is a very handsome Brown Mackerel Tabby! and like Mr Blanche said, he looks like he has a lot of character. Very cool cat!

tulu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
BTW He is neutered!

tulu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks to all you who left NICE comments about my cat. I appreciate the KIND advice. Whatever kind of cat he is he is unlike any cat we ever had. And yes we ALWAYS neuter every cat we ever get.