Can you help me figure out what breeds he might be?

Miz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my boy Harry. The cat in question.
received_407418563302794.jpeg

IMG_20200730_110753.jpg

We initially thought he had mainecoon and ragdoll in him. We can't be sure since he was a stray kitten. He is very friendly towards me and will alway greet me when I return home. When I pick him up he becomes floppy. When he was a kitten his fur was a dark brown but as he has become more creamy coloured under the tabby. So now I'm not sure. He does have tufts on his ear tips and they are quite noticeable in person but they don't seem to be visible in the pics. He has longer fur between his toes and loves water and snow. He is the largest cat in the house both in height and length. Another cat we got from the same colony is just a bit shorter than him but has nothing on his length. Harry was rescued with siblings, they were all long furred, one was a female calico and there were two black and white kittens, one of each gender. Before Harry we got another cat from the same colony he was also rescued with a sibling how ever she had to be put to sleep as she was injured and dying when we got to her. He is an odd colour sort of black and chocolate brown and his sister was black and white with blue eyes that had specks of different colours. We know of a third litter also rescued from the same place. Both were female one was black and white the other was a brown tabby both were long furred.

Sorry if this seems like a lot of info I'm just super curious. If he is domestic short hair or what we originally thought. Or maybe even something we didn't expect. I can send pics of the other cat if anyone is curious. We also have two dom shorthairs.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's so beautiful!!! His eyes and coat are stunning!
Perhaps part Maine Coon or Norwegian Forest if he loves water/snow? Maybe domestic long hair because of the tufts of fear in/on his ears and paws. I'm probably not the best person to answer this haha. I'm sure somebody else will come along and give you a more in-depth answer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Miz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's so beautiful!!! His eyes and coat are stunning!
Perhaps part Maine Coon or Norwegian Forest if he loves water/snow? Maybe domestic long hair because of the tufts of fear in/on his ears and paws. I'm probably not the best person to answer this haha. I'm sure somebody else will come along and give you a more in-depth answer.
Thank you. I think he is beautiful too. My sister in law adores him as well but the rest of my family think he is average looking. Also thank you so much for your reply it's much appreciated.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
They are all so different looking! I would say we have a few dads here who need to pay kitten support.

Harry would be a domesticated long hair kitty because we don't know his pedigree, but I agree that he definitely looks like he has Main Coon in him, and also Norwegian Forest. He is a very impressive looking cat.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is number one biggish? If so, I say he is a good Norwegian Forest Cat look alike.

Dexter is probably a point ("siamese mix").