can u tell me what breed my 2 cats are they are both siblings we think they are british blues

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
95% of cats dont have any especially breed... To belong to a breed, is not in first hand you found they a somewhat look alike something on Internet, but is it about parents, ancestry and what Pedigree-papers they have "birth certificate including ancestry" from a suitable Cat association.   Or at the very least, good proofs.

So what we can discuss, in not what breed it is, but possibly what look alikes they are.

That said, I dont think yours are alike British Blue much..  The body type is more "shapely".  Im thinking sooner on somewhat alike Russian blue.

What is the color of their eyes?  (russians have green)

Could you please send in some more pics of good quality?

On my normal screen the pics were dark, but I looked on my laptop, there the pics were OK.  But still we need more pics, showing among others the eyes, and the head profile.

Good luck!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I don't think British Blue is a breed. There is a British Shorthair breed, but your kitties' heads aren't the right shape for that.
What are your kitties' names?

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They look like black cats to me, not blue. But maybe that's just the light? Are they black or dark gray?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't think British Blue is a breed. There is a British Shorthair breed,
Right, we are talking about British Shorthair, the blue variation of them, The color is quite common in the Brits.

And we also agree, whatever they are, they arent Brits, although they perhaps do have a british owner

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They look like black cats to me, not blue. But maybe that's just the light? Are they black or dark gray?
 I have seen pics on very dark RB, almost black...  And Im not talking about the more or less experimental  Russian Black variation.