Can tiny kittens become huge cats¿

Vali

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok the title is confusing but i wanna know if kittens that are smaller than most other kittens can catch up once grown more or get bigger once they reach adult hood. My kittens are a few grams under what a typical kitten would be but mamas family genetics are quite big (although she herself was the runt of the litter), is it possible they’ll get big or are they gonna stay small?

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Two of ours were from a litter of 5 and the wee runt boy has turned into a beast. He's bigger than all our others and outgrew his sister.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Vali

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Two of ours were from a litter of 5 and the wee runt boy has turned into a beast. He's bigger than all our others and outgrew his sister.
Ooh how cool! My cat’s almost full grown and compared to her brothers she’d like 5 months younger even though they’re the same age and these kittens are nearly 3 weeks and the largest is only nearly 250g. (They’re healthy and all)

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They can. I have a rescued neighborhood feral that was pretty small as a kitten, but continues to grow in little fits and spurts, even at three years of age. She's now slightly larger in stature than my two other males, although she is fairly skinny, no matter how much she seems to eat.

arr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The tiniest kitten in our bunch ended up big too. She didn’t eat very much as a kitten and was extremely energetic. Now that she is going on two years old, she has a big appetite and really filled out. She is almost 13 pounds, bigger than the other two girls and bigger than her mother.

moretoebeansplease

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We fostered a litter last year with 2 boys and 2 girls. One boy had these huge paws and we figured he’d be a monster full grown, and he totally is. The other boy was definitely small for his age and we figured he’d stay littler. We still get regular updates as they were adopted by a family member and that little guy is now as big as his brother. Healthy and happy and living the good life. 🥰

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Vali

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We fostered a litter last year with 2 boys and 2 girls. One boy had these huge paws and we figured he’d be a monster full grown, and he totally is. The other boy was definitely small for his age and we figured he’d stay littler. We still get regular updates as they were adopted by a family member and that little guy is now as big as his brother. Healthy and happy and living the good life. 🥰
Can't tell whether my kittens have big paws or not