Can These Two Cats Be Related?

KSV

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I adopted these two cats at the same time from a local shelter. The shorthair was 5 and longhair was 4years old. They told me that the cats came from the same owner. Their registration numbers were consecutive. As soon as I brough the cats home, one ran away and I captured her with a trap later. When cats came together again, the fluffy one would run up to the shorthair like they were best friends but shorthair would hiss. So they don’t get close to each other. The shorthair can defend herself, she approaches new visitors, and likes to be petted but if you touch her sides or stomach, hell breaks lose. She is very smart, learned tricks fast. She has a sturdy body. Likes to sit on top of people.
The long hair is a total sweetheart, she will never scratch you no matter what. She is fearful and cautious and often runs under the couch. She loves to be brushed. She is an amazing jumper and jumps up to the tallest furniture. Her skeleton is very fluid. She also can learn tricks very fast but not competitive and the other cat dominates her. Does not sit in a lap etc. Both cats are of the same color from the same owner. Any way they can be related?
Here is the shorthair. And longhair in a comment.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KSV

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course it's possible that they are related, but it's also possible that the previous owner simply happened to like that color, and found a second cat the same color as the first cat :) They are very pretty cats. Neither one appears to me to be a specific breed other than domestic shorthair/longhair.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KSV

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
O! Thank you! It’s just they are sooooo different, I was not sure. Thank you for reading.