Can someone tell me what breeds my cats are?

olivianperez

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! Can someone tell me what breeds my cats resemble? The black and white one is named Midnight, and the gray one is named Boots. Boots is probably easier to identify because of his distinct fur pattern, but I'm unsure of what Midnight is.

I know the pictures of Midnight aren't too great, so I guess I'll describe her. She has short, black and white fur that sheds a ton during the summer. She likes to be petted, but not held, and she's also not very vocal either.

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are both domestic shorthair,  DSH.  The one is a black and white bicolor - "tuxedo" probably.

The other is a little more difficult.  Blue mackerel tabby and white, with much silver tipped hairs. His eyes seems somewhat greenish.

If I were to take a wild guess, I could imagine he is a half russian blue.   A russian blue mated with a tabby with white could easily give such an offspring.

Are they littermates?  Half russian gets often black, because blue is essentially a diluted black.  Although he isnt as clearly almost a half russian...