Can someone recommend a good baby proof cabinet lock?

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I took away Jackie’s dry food except for a little tiny daily bit. I have been storing his dry food in the cabinet. He has learned a new trick of opening the cabinet and sticking his head in to steal some dry food. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m kinda impressed and annoyed.

Anyhow the cabinet doesn’t have handles or that center bar inside it. Will anyone who have naughty kitties please recommend a baby proof cabinet lock?

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
jool baby products theyre adjustable can be stuck at any height you choose are good for make shift hinges as well on several of my spider cages :lol:they have been cat proof so far in the coupleof years gf and i have used em to keep graycie out of the linen closet only small issue we had was the paint peeled where we stuck them to but they are cheap around 10 dollars cheaper on amazon i think. though i dont think the plastic strap part will withstand a cat chewing on it i do know its strong enough to prevent that kitty paw from clawing things open though

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Magnet locks such as Tot Lock are really good. And the magnet to open it can be stuck to the fridge for convenience. You can buy it on Amazon.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Magnet locks such as Tot Lock are really good. And the magnet to open it can be stuck to the fridge for convenience. You can buy it on Amazon.
Tot lock has been the best for us with our toddler. She destroys everything else by pulling on it hard. So I highly recommend it!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have been storing his dry food in the cabinet. He has learned a new trick of opening the cabinet and sticking his head in to steal some dry food. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Why not keep the food in a tightly closed container? Whether for the dog or cat we've always kept dry food in a Rubbermaid container and never had any problems with either pet stealing the food.