Can someone reccomend a good quality cat fishing pole?

kafeid

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You know, the kind of toy that has a rod, a string, and a bunch of feathers at the end. I buy the Toyshoppe brand from Petsmart and I'm tired of it falling apart out of the package. I need something sturdy that will hold up to rigorous play, and am willing to spend extra for something that will last more than a few minutes. I figured you guys would know a good brand!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kafeid

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I ordered one. :) Thanks! It looks like it has a hook of some kind on the end. Hopefully that will hold up better than the bead snap on our current toy.

Last edited:

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats love Da Bird. I do find that they don't last very long though.  The first one I ever got was sent to me by our own SarahP, and the rod was made of metal.  Now I can only find wooden ones and those tend to snap if the cat plays too hard and leaps up to catch the feathers. If you don't instantly lower the rod as the cat falls to the ground, the rod will snap.

What I've been meaning to buy is an actually fishing rod: a kid's one. This way I can cast out the toy and reel it in. Plus because it is fishing line it will be more durable than the string on Da Bird (which my Spencer loves to chew on when he catches it). Plus the fling will be longer too. I'm pretty sure I can adapt the end of Da Bird to the fishing pole and use Da Bird refills.

Last edited: