Can Someone Please help me.....

txchicka8585

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am new to this website. I have tried googling this info and can't find it. I have a 2 year old calico female who last went into heat in the middle of May. I had a male cat at the time and I believe they mated at the time. About 2 weeks ago she was acting very weird and I noticed her pushing. I isolated her thinking maybe she was going to have kittens, but the strange thing was that she never appeared pregnant. While this happened for like 6 hrs. she had a merky red discharge coming from her vagina. After that she was fine no more pushing or discharge, but then she started getting plump and I can feel lumps in her belly. Yesterday I noticed some of that discharge again, and it was on my bed sheets(a considerable amount). Is it normal to have this kind of discharge or did she have a miscarriage and it is infection. I am so worried about her. If you have any valuable info on this matter I would appreciate it.

Thank You,

Stephanie

devlyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi!
You should probably take her to the vet. He'll be able to tell you if she is pregnant or if it's an infection of some sort. Unspayed kitties can get pyometra which is a bad infection of the uterus and she will probably need to be spayed if that's what it is.

Good luck!

Devlyn

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would get her to the vet immediately, it sounds like pyo to me also, we almost lost our girl to the infection, it can spread quickly, she needs help now. Good luck, please let us know how she does.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you have already been given great advice, please update us once things are better. hope your girl is ok.