Can someone identify my cat?

mforbes08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My father had the brother of my cat and the vet identified him but the vet is retired and of course my father lost the paperwork. I know he said it was an unusual breed and could not believe we got them out of the trunk of a ladies car. His hair is a lot darker then it use to be due to me shaving him during the Texas heat.

It is driving me nuts!!!

Ps my vet told me not to it being him back they had to tranquilize him twice just to get out of the carrier. and he was still full of piss and vinegar and biting they were done with him :((

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is obviously not the most everyday looker.  But I still think is a domestic, with the pattern of ticked tabby with white.

The ticked tabby is by itself not so common - a little peculiar because its a strong gene. They even say its dominating over the other tabby genes (whom are known to be dominant). But in practice, its almost only  some of the Aby - Abyssinians whom are ticked tabbies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mforbes08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I guess the flat (Down's syndrome type) face throws me off.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I guess the flat (Down's syndrome type) face throws me off.
He could have a persian somewhere in the background, a granddad perhaps.  Or a british shorthair.

Persians are more common, at least in the USA.