Can someone diagnose my cats red marks on her head?

hugovaz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitty has these red marks on head, does anyone know what this is? Its been there for a while but i believe its gotten worse, she also keeps grinding her teeth, please help.

Attachments

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like scratches to me, most likely from allergies, especially if this is an ongoing problem. you might ask the vet to give her a steroid shot, if she stops getting red bumps, and stops scratching, then youy know it is allergies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hugovaz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks like scratches to me, most likely from allergies, especially if this is an ongoing problem. you might ask the vet to give her a steroid shot, if she stops getting red bumps, and stops scratching, then youy know it is allergies.
Is this a serious issue or quite common?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somewhat common. I have two right now with this problem. The one with the worst allergies chews and scratches almost constantly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hugovaz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hugovaz hugovaz is this the same cat that keeps having strange skin problems? You've posted twice about this before.

Cat has lumps of fur falling off (pictures)

My cat has a reddish bump on her neck, pls help.

The cat really needs to be taken to a vet. We can't help you any more than recommending proper medical attention. Please take her to a vet as soon as you can.
I took her to the vet and took care of that issue, why are you assuming i havent taken her to a vet many times since that occurrence a while back. This is just another little issue that popped up surrounding a few red marks, im just trying to be cautious.
Somewhat common. I have two right now with this problem. The one with the worst allergies chews and scratches almost constantly.
is it worth going to the vet and getting her steroid medication?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
why are you assuming i havent taken her to a vet many times since that occurrence a while back
I'm not assuming that. I'm just suggesting that a vet would be able to tell you what is wrong with your cat a lot faster and a lot more accurately than an internet forum will.

:)

is it worth going to the vet and getting her steroid medication?
Yes, absolutely. Your vet will be able to tell you exactly what is causing these marks and be able to prescribe the appropriate treatment.